This edition of “Thursday Three” is all about how to style faux leather leggings. These particular pair are by SPANX. I love them. They’re thick, hold it all in, and the leather like sheen adds some pizazz! The price tag is a bit steep but, the quality makes it totally worth it! To be honest, I struggle with leggings. Too often they’re worn as pants and are completely see through in the day light. I don’t want to flash others nor, do I want people to flash me. Hehe! I say just do the tooshie in the mirror test. You know when you try a new pair of leggings or workout pants and bend over with your tooshie in the mirror to make sure you can not see skin. And if you can see skin; I feel the pants need to be treated as tights. Only worn when something is long enough to cover your bikini area.
- This particular jacket is still available at Nordstrom. Shop it here: Topshop Jacket Size up one size. This is typical for Topshop items. *Shop the sizes in parentheses on the Nordstrom Website.
- A pair of adidas or Converse are a great staple shoe to keep in your closet. I keep these nice and clean and only wear them for “nice” casual outfits. I don’t wear them during occasions when they could get dirty- ex: soccer practice on a rainy day. Save the old tennis shoes for that. Keeping them crisp and white adds some “dressiness” to an otherwise casual outfit.
- I did a half tuck with the flannel. Buttoned it down with the last button left undone. Then tucked one side in. I am a big fan of a small tuck of the top. Something about being able to see the waistband is visually appealing. Give it a try for a little something different.
- I like a screen tee for visual interest. However, a classic white tee, black, grey, or color would be great too! I prefer a v-neck. I feel like it’s a more dressy neckline.
- These particular joggers are Zella. Heathered grey color. But, black joggers would be great too! Nothing wrong with black on black.
- This time I switched out the Adidas for a pair of Nike slip-ons. But, the Adidas would be good for this look as well or converse.
- Add a cap if it’s a day when your hair is dirty and you don’t want to wash. hehe! Would be so cute. Or add a hat just because it’s cute!
- I love the leopard print booties. They’re so sassy! But, any bootie would be fun! A black or brown bootie is great. Mixing black and brown is actually a really attractive pairing. Shoes DO NOT have to match the color of your top/jacket.
- Stripes are fun addition to a jacket like this. Adds that visual dimension. Go with a solid or floral print if that’s more your thing! This is just a template for inspiration. Change it up with the pieces in your closet
- These last two looks are put together with a grey crew neck sweatshirt. My sweatshirt is graphic. However, any crew neck sweatshirt is great! This one has been a staple. I wear it at home with sweats or out and about paired with a look like this! It’s a great basic layering piece.
- For versatility add a cap! I love wearing a hat when my hair is dirty and it just a great accessory!
- I was really getting creative and put on a pair of otk boots for the first look and with the second sneakers. The sneakers are more practical. But, I was kind of digging the boots. Something about the unexpected shoe choice worked…
New Year. New you!
A new year is upon us! Happy New Year friends! With the season of giving at an end- it’s time to invest in yourself! I strongly believe when you look your best, you feel your best, and thus you can be your best. Truly, my passion for style comes from the confidence I feel when I put on a great outfit and feel my best. It’s amazing how the clothes you wear can affect your outlook, mood, and overall sense of self. Of course, what truly matters in life is who you are as a person. How you treat others. How your treat yourself. Nonetheless, investing in your appearance hands down is an instant boost of self-esteem. Who doesn’t want that? While, I love dressing myself; the joy of helping style someone else is immeasurable!
This week we’re covering how to style a leather jacket! I reached out to my Instagram friends and asked which pieces they’d like to see styled three or more ways. I loved getting feedback and am excited to share the first request. A leather jacket! This one is faux leather by, Top Shop. For being faux leather; I do feel that it looks like a quality item and something that is a staple in my closet!
My thought process is to style one item three ways to help show versatility and inspire you with your clothing. This week I got a little carried away and will be sharing SIX ways to style a leather jacket! Whoop! \
How to style a leather jacket
I paired the jacket with a plaid flannel, light wash denim, and Adidas. Love this outfit for day wear or a casual evening out. I have been all about the light wash denim this winter! Love these Levi’s. They fit really well, don’t stretch out and are an ankle hem which is perfect for sneakers or booties.
The perfect casual athleisure look for running errands or just feeling put together for a coffee date, picking the kiddos up from school. This go around I paired the jacket with a graphic tee, joggers, and slip on sneakers.
Sass it up
Dress things up a bit with a black lace tank! Love monochromatic looks. Black on black is a fun look. I like how the lace adds dimension. Pair the dressy top with distressed denim and leopard print booties for a sassy look. Or switch out the distressed denim for dark wash denim and the look will be more streamline.
Blush pink is a favorite of mine! It’s so feminine. Pairing the leather jacket with the feminine color palette is a great mix of styles. As the jacket adds a masculine touch; the pink adds femininity. Love the balance!
Thanks dear ones for stopping by! Hope this week’s edition of “Thursday Three” Inspired you with the pieces in your closet! Be sure to share your favorite in the comments below. XO