How to style a faux fur coat…might seem like a daunting task. But, really it’s just another piece to throw on like any other coat. The only difference is that it’s super sassy and makes a bold statement. I don’t know about you but, I am loving how popular faux fur coats, teddy coats, and shearling coats are!
There are so many options for a faux fur coat! This one was a birthday gift from my bestie. She knows me so well! Let’s just say when I opened the gift I screamed with excitement! The coat is so soft and super cozy.
Why I love it:
I love this style coat because it doesn’t need to be taken off. It can surely be outer wear and only worn when going from point A to point B. But, it also can be worn like a cardigan. Keep it on once you arrive to that holiday party or out for a lunch date with friends! It’s one of those super versatile pieces.
The length of this one is perfection! I love how the coat isn’t too long and doesn’t swallow you up with it’s size. Sure, it’s big and fluffy. But, it’s short and allows for the complimenting pieces of your look to shine as well.
Lastly, You look like you are so trendy. Along with that, it looks like you’re super sassy! Class with some sass is my favorite way to dress.
- Pair your faux fur coat with a simple lace tank, dark skinny jeans, and a pair of black flats/heels.
- This look definitely has a luxe feel and would be so pretty for date night, out for drinks with the girls, or more casual holiday party
- Choose dark denim for a more dressed up feel
- I added a bold lip color. Mac-Rebel. A bold lipstick always adds some fun!
- For a more classic look choose a solid bodycon dress and boots.
- The black on black with cream is classic and tons down the “loud” coat.
- Add a pair of opaque tights if it’s chilly in your neck of the woods and you’ve got a warm ready to go dressed up look!
- Mix things up and wear your faux fur coat in a casual/dressy way.
- Light denim automatically dresses things down. Heels automatically dress things up. A printed cotton tee also dresses things down. While the coat leans towards the dressy side
- I love how these pieces come together for a dressed up/dressed down get up!
- I kept the colors neutral. The heels and coat are “loud” Keeping the colors neutral help to tone it down and create a nice balance of style.
- It’s bonus look time! This look is the same as the one above. Only difference, is the shoes.
- Change out the heels for a pair of sneakers to totally dress things down.
- This is perfect for day wear and so much fun!
- Lastly, Femininity is my jam! What better way to feel girly than to add some florals and blush pink!
- I chose to funk it up and add distressed denim. Change out the distressed denim for dark skinny jeans and you’ve got another beautifully dressy winter look!
Get your faux fur coat:
- Faux Shearling Coat $25
- Love, Fire Coat $35.40 (SALE)
- Billabong Coat $99.95
- Bishop + Young Coat $115
*This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. Read more on my FAQ page.*