Let’s talk outfit ideas you already own! Thanksgiving is in two days. Often we or I feel like I need a new outfit for the Holiday’s. I do love a new outfit! But, let’s face it for the majority of us it is unrealistic to expect new clothes for every occasion. It is also a tad frivolous; knowing how to use the pieces you have to create fun outfits is where it’s at! I styled three outfits in hopes of sparking inspiration with pieces you probably (I sure hope for the sake of this post. hehe!) you have in your closet.
Ideas for outfits you already own
All three outfit ideas are simple, basic, and comfortable. Comfort is key when it comes to Thanksgiving. Right? We all know we’ll be indulging and our pants may be fitting a bit tight by the end of the day. No? Just me? Ain’t no shame in my game! I know it will be a day of stuffing myself with stuffing…hehe! Get it? I sure love me some stuffing!
- The first look is planned around a basic white tee. We all have a white tee lying around somewhere, right? Mine was clean and hanging but, so wrinkled. It looked super unappealing to wear. However, with a little steam it came to life!
- Add a cardigan of any color or length. I chose burgundy because I felt it looked like a Thanksgiving color.
- Next, choose a long necklace. It is amazing hour a long necklace instantly dresses up a basic tee. Gold is my jam; but silver, or rose gold, etc. would look great too!
- I love skinny jeans. So, I decided on a pair of high waisted, ankle, skinny’s. A boyfriend fit is a fun idea too!
- Finally, throw on a pair of booties!
Wham! There’s your first look. A tee, cardi, jeans, necklace, and booties. Regardless of color, personal fit preference, length…this look can totally be recreated!
- Second, this outfit is even more simple to throw together. I chose an oversized v-neck sweater as my piece to style around. I love an oversized sweater. Yours might not be oversized or this color. But, I bet there is a great sweater in your closet just waiting for it’s moment to shine!
- Add a long necklace. This one is pewter with a layered look. Just like in the outfit above a statement necklace totally dresses up an outfit and makes a statement. Add the necklace, then take it off for a second…see what I mean? Such a simple addition totally amps up the look. Choose any long necklace, in any metal, with any stones. One that will coordinate with the colors of you pullover sweater.
- I chose another skinny jean. This time in a dark wash. Dark denim is another simple way to dress up an outfit.
- Lastly, choose a shoe. This go around I went with a black sweater ankle boot. You can easily throw on a tall boot, otk boot, or block heels.
Ta-da! That’s the second outfit for ya. A pullover sweater, dark wash skinny jeans, a layered necklace, and ankle boots. Again, take the bones of this look and create your own based on similar pieces in your closet.
- The final outfit is the look I think I’ll be going for this Thanksgiving. I put it on and instantly felt the comfort of the fabrics. The comfort paired with feeling of looking cute… a winner in my book! My long sleeve tunic tee with black stripes is super old. However, it’s still going strong! A perfect example of the fact that new doesn’t have to mean better. Your striped top might be sleeveless, short sleeve, fitted, and/or thick stripes. The color might be different…but, a stripe is always a fun piece and probably somewhere in your closet.
- A cardigan is such a great way to create dimension and a show of effort in getting dressed. Mine is a burnt/rust orange; felt like the perfect color for Thanksgiving…just screams pumpkin pie and everything nice. Yours might be camel, grey, or like the first outfit burgundy.
- Again, I added a necklace. This time I added a shorter necklace. Long is great too. Really, any simple necklace is perfect.
- I opted for black jeggings with this outfit. Leggings or jeggings are so comfortable and if you’re like me who will be at home all day, seems like the best option! I like these because they have a zipper, button, and back pockets. Basically, a dressy legging. Maybe you choose true leggings. I would just make sure the top is tunic length.
- As for the shoes- any style is great. I love leopard print with stripes. So, I chose leopard print flats. You might go for black flats, boots, or booties. Or in reality maybe just socks. If you’re like me and will be home all day. I’ll be rocking my turkey socks!
- If you noticed I like to do a little tuck with my top. This is a personal preference. Try it out and see if you like it!
- I love a bold lipstick. Any lipstick really! Whether neutral or bold. Adding a lip color is just another simple an super effective way to look and feel put together.
There ya have it! Three outfit ideas for pieces you already own! Perfect for wearing on Thanksgiving day! Take the basic ideas and shop your closet to achieve these looks.
I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving, spending it with loved ones, eating too much turkey and pie!
*This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. Read more on my FAQ page.*