It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Just kidding, it’s looked like Christmas in our house for the last three weeks. I am loving it! I love the holidays and decorating our home is one of my favorite parts! Is there really anything more dreamy than a Christmas tree lit?
I was able to add a few new pieces to our Christmas decor this year. Thought it would be fun to share the details with you! The fact that we didn’t decorate last year is one of the reasons I was so itching to decorate early! The boys and I spent the entire month of December in Washington visiting family. Nick was recruiting all month. So, we decided not to decorate. This year, we will be home till the 23rd and then off to Arizona for Christmas. I didn’t know at the time of decorating that we would be gone for Christmas. Makes me glad that I decided to delve in and get the house feeling festive early! See…being impatient can sometimes be a good thing! hehe!
My decor is a mix of hand me downs from my parent’s house and a few new items. This year is the first year I truly did some decor shopping and invested in pieces I chose. Everything I found is either from Target or T.J. Maxx. I had a budget and love how my cost effective purchases made our home so jolly!
With that…here is the home tour! Hope you enjoy!
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Living room: The mantle is where I really focused this year! Everything other than the frame, mirror, and lamp are new. The mantle is such a focal point. Felt it was important to make it something I really loved.
- The garland is from Target. $19.99 by, Threshold. It’s simple, classic, and has a shimmer to it! A little glam is my favorite! I added dew drop lights to the garland; also from Target for $10
- Found the lantern at T.J. Maxx on clearance for $14.99 and added a tree and lights from the dollar spot at Target. Initially I was going to add the tall berry pillar candle. But, I had the tree and it fit and after putting it in with the lights I fell in love with it! I love lights when decorating for the holidays!
- I later decided to add the green and white candle. All three are from T.J. Maxx. The prices for pillar candles are really good at TJ.
- I will say I pieced the mantle together. First started with the garland, later added the lantern/tree/berry candle, finished with the last two candles. It’s a good way to create a finished look. Start with a favorite item and piece it together…adding different heights and colors.
The Christmas Tree
- The tree is from Walmart! I found it two years ago. Never thought we’d do an artificial tree. But, with college coaching Nick is just too busy. This way I’m able to get the tree up when I’d like. It saves a lot of me stressing about when to go cut down a tree.
- Our tree is filled with sentimental ornaments. I love how it’s eclectic! The red garland was my grandma Marian’s- super special!
- My husband said, “I love the vibes of the livingroom!” That made my day! hehe. He’s all about the vibes and usually has an opinion. Love that he loves this space as much as I do.
- I love a balsam fir candle! It’s such a perfect scent for the holidays! Found this one at T.J. Maxx for $10.
- Keeping a bible on the side table is something I love to keep out all year round. It’s a way to share our faith with others.
- Can you see my little Kyrie’s curls in the corner of this picture? hehe. He photo-bombed me!
- I took pieces we already had to decorate the built ins and the couch. The blanket and white pillow were in our bedroom. Moving things around is a great way to keep things feeling fresh. It gives otherwise old things, new life!
- I love creating clusters with my Glassybaby collection! Worked out perfectly to have a group of red on either side of the fireplace.
- I took old items and placed them in the glass jar. Random goodies to create a little decorative jar
- The large picture frame has a photo of Nick and me. We are standing next to our Christmas tree. It was the first year of our marriage and our first Christmas as husband and wife. I love this photo! A memory of where it all began.
- These treasures in the tray aren’t new and so special! The sleigh was my grandmas, globe is for the boys- their first globe together. I’d like to get them a new one each year and the bell is from several years ago. It’s from the Polar Express.
- Nutrackers are a favorite in our family! We grew up with many dispersed around the house. I received this set from my grandma Marian as a kid. It’s another sentimental item.
My favorite new addition
Dining room: I usually leave our dining room table bare. It’s really lack luster. Up until now, Kyrie has just been to young to not want to touch everything. We use this table every day for all our meals. But, it’s the first thing you see when you walk in the door. I felt like it was time to make it a focal point!
- The lantern, candle, and wreaths are my most favorite addition to our decor. I love the way it turned out!
- Everything is from Target-table runner, lantern, candle, and wreaths (inside the lantern). I love the way it turned out! It came together super inexpensively and turned out better than I had even expected.
Kitchen: I kept the kitchen super simple. I don’t like too many things covering my counters. Especially since I don’t have a ton of coutner space. I like to keep the decor minimal. Still, I want it to feel festive. I mean, I probably spend half my day standing in the kitchen. lol! Gotta make it an inviting space too!
- I found these trees at T.J. Maxx for $7.99. They have a little gold sparkle to them. I love how they’re simple and frame the kitchen on both sides of the sink!
- Oh! And the Oh, Christmas Tree sign…I love how it makes a simple statement and it can be changed with each season! Super cost effective decorative item!
Family room: My least favorite room in the house. It is kind of a mish-mosh of old things and nothing super exciting. However, I am loving it more now that there’s a garland and some goodies on the end table. It has totally transformed with the addition of a few things.
Bedroom/guest bathroom: The last two spaces are super simple additions. A small table top tree with lights for next to the bed in Nick’s and my room. For the boys/guest bath we have a colorful light up tree! The boys love it and it’s festive! Plus, my mom has one, my sister, and my aunt! hehe. It’s a special tree!
And there you have it! This is our home for Christmas! It’s beginning to look a look a lot like Christmas! Happy holidays friends!
*This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. Read more on my FAQ page.*