For this week’s Thursday Three we’ll be talking about how to style your brown suede skirt. I truly feel a brown suede skirt is a great staple! I’ve had mine for three years and it’s still going strong! It’s perfect for fall and winter. Perhaps mine is still going strong because I rarely have a reason to wear it? hehe! I might have already worn it out if I had a job where getting dressed up was a part of the description. If you’re line of work entails wearing dresses or skirts on a regular basis than it’s fore sure a staple! This suede skirt is perfect for the office and so chic for this time of year. But, we’ll also be covering ways to wear it casually, which are just as good and so cute!
How to style a brown suede skirt
- The first styling is pretty simple. Throw on the suede skirt, a nice white blouse, tights, and a pair of boots or booties; you’re set to jet! The thing that makes this outfit look put together is the fact that the pieces fit well and are all proportionate. The length of the blouse is the perfect length. Using proportionate pieces is key for creating clean lines; as well as a visually pleasing ensemble- this is how I feel when its something dressy at least. For a more casual feel it’s perfectly okay to use an oversized top.
- As for the shoes tall boots or booties are a great option! Either one will play up the look and create another piece of visual interest. For warmth I would throw on a long black cardigan or for a more sassy feel; pair this look with a black leather jacket.
- Oversized sweaters have been my go-to lately. I love the way they feel, look, and the casual/cool vibe they give off! Any oversized sweater would be really cute with this suede skirt. Pair it with a berry hue, crimson, cream, or navy. Any color will do. I chose to do beige because I already had it in my closet.
- Plus, neutral color schemes are another theme I’ve been loving lately. If you like to dress it up a bit for Thanksgiving; this look would be my choice. The colors are so perfectly Thanksgiving-like. Might as well be the cutest little turkey at the party!
- Universal Thread Sweater $24
- Dress it down with a simple grey sweatshirt, denim jacket, and sneakers. This one is hard for the colder days. But, kind of perfect if you’re still experiencing warm temps; like we are in California. I think I may wear this to the next MOPS (Mother’s of Preschoolers) meeting. I’d like to get some more wear out of my suede skirt and dressing it up for the most part isn’t in the cards for me and my current lifestyle. If it is getting cool where you live add a pair of tights and wear booties.
- Apparently, I was having too much fun styling this skirt! Decided to try out a flannel with tall black boots and love the way turned out. The casual flannel is dressed up when paired with the skirt and boots. When two style worlds collide and create an awesome pairing! Truly gets me so excited!
- The final styling for the brown suede skirt is giving me all the Christmas feels! Surely, would be so much fun to wear this one while out Christmas gift shopping or for a magical stroll through downtown Walnut Creek with the hubs while drinking hot cocoa! hehe!
- Basically making up my own Hallmark movie with this outfit. Anyone else a Holiday Hallmark movie fan? I love the “realistic” ones. I have a hard time with the elf/Santa story line or the ones where someone is royalty. In any case this outfit should totally be worn during some sort of Christmas-y event!
Similar suede skirts:
*This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. Read more on my FAQ page.*