It’s time for another Instagram Round up and it’s all about the cozy pieces! I am sorry to say I’m a couple days late in posting. Life got busy this past week and I let the time get away from me. Last weekend we had family visit. My parents and aunt came to town from Washington. We went to the Cal game, out to breakfast, and spent a lot of time playing at the park with the boys! It was a great weekend. What you up to last weekend? Do anything fun? Be sure to share how yours went in the comments at the bottom of the this post.
I also thought I’d start sharing my high and low of the week within each Instagram Round up post. Felt like it would keep things interesting and allow for you to get to know me a little more each week. Instagram and Blogs can be all about the “pretty” stuff and often times feel unrealistic. My hope is to make this weekly post as real and relatable as possible. A mix of reality and style info! Each week you’ll find my high and low at the end of the post.
All about the cozy:
I definitely feel like last week’s Instagram posts were all about being cozy! If you’re about the cozy life this round up is for you!
Cozy, cozy, cozy! Is where it’s at. Cozy basics are my favorite. Any day of the week is worthy of these cozy pieces but, especially on Sundays. Nothing better than a cozy evening at home. Ps. this mug is huge and perfect for a ginormous cup of coffee, cocoa, or apple cider! I’ve posted about it before. Surely, I sound like a broken record; but its got painted on leaves/twigs, double sided print, and shimmery gold. It’s not a cheapy mug whatsoever! Snag it for a gift, or for you, or you and as a gift! hehe.
Loose fitting pieces have been speaking to me lately! This oversized sweatshirt fits the bill. It’s soft, simple, and the bold color makes a fun statement. It’s by Topshop; for a loose fit size up. I love this outfit; but, I remember I was way too warm. I’ve been trying to force the layers here in California. I forced it this day and paid for it. We went to a friends for a play date. Let’s just say I was a bit of a sweaty mess.
My jeans are by Madewell. The one’s I’ve been raving about! The fit is just AMAZING. I’ve worn them three time and they never ever stretch out. They’re the 10″ rise and have pockets with extra hold for creating clean lines. I went true to size. Oh and the best part, they don’t gap in the waist!! That is huge for when I’m denim shopping.
This picture was so fun to take! I think because Kashmir sees me taking pics all the time; he’s always up for a picture! We were on our way home from school and I asked him if he’d be willing to stop and take a picture of our matching shoes. He was so excited and always great at taking direction. While taking the photo, I asked him straighten his legs and point his toes out. Kashmir is my little Instagram man! While he was totally up for taking a pic with mommy I think his favorite part was when I may or may not have let him sit on my lap and hold the steering wheel while we drove the block home. (don’t worry it was on a side street).
If you know me you know Fall is my jam! It’s funny though; I crave fall…yet, once November arrives I am itching for winter. I do love Christmas and might be currently dreaming of decorating…In the mean time let’s marvel at this cutie sweatshirt. It’s so perfectly festive. My leggings are Zella. These ones are soo old! It’s probably time to replace mine with a new pair. But, that’s when you know you’ve found something good!
Another oversized/cozy top for ya! This one is so cute. It’s got a scallop hem; super fun detail! I sized up to a large for a super loose fit. So glad I did. It lays perfectly and could easily become an off the shoulder piece for a little more sass. Again these are those Madewell jeans! They’re so good and worth every penny.
Okay, saved the best one for last! This one was a gift from my mom. She spoiled me with this super cute onesie! It’s made by Make and Model. The flannel is too. They’re both made to be lounge wear pieces which I kind of love! I’ve never had a flannel button down that was made for lounging around. It’s completely appropriate to venture outside the house in it; but, totally cozy enough to just be a lounge piece. I sized up to a medium for a loose fit.
- My high for last week was the visit from my family! It was low key; my favorite kind of weekend.
- We went out to eat (more than once). I love a meal I don’t have to cook!
- The boys had so much fun with their nam-nam, papa, and auntie mo-mo. So thankful for how loved they are!
- Cal won their game which was so fun! It’s always the icing on the cake when we get a win.
- Nick and I were able to go on a quick little date Saturday night after the game. We went to wine bar and had a glass of wine. We both yawned the entire time…haha! Even though there was a yawning match taking place between each sip we had a great hour of time to catch up and talk just the two of us.
- Saying goodbye to family is always so hard. The boys were so sad to see them go. After we dropped off the fam at the Bart station Kashmir said, “I don’t want nam-nam, papa, and mo-mo to leave. I want to play with them longer!” That about broke my heart. It is so hard living so far from the people we love so much.
- I have been feeling so overwhelmed lately. I just can’t seem to shake this anxiety of feeling like there are so many things to get done. Yet, I can’t seem to tackle it all or tackle it well. I try to make lists and just get done what I can; while reminding myself that it is okay. Whatever it is; just do what you can and the rest can wait. But, with my husband working so many hours I feel alone a lot of the time and the weight of everything gets to be a lot at times. This past week it definitely got to me. (A sign I am not leaning in on God), not praying, not seeking Christ’s help enough).
*This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. Read more on my FAQ page.*