I received a self tanner by, Whish for my birthday! It was perfect timing as we are heading out for Arizona tomorrow. I definitely needed a tan and this self tanner does not disappoint!
The funny thing about this gift is my friend uses a shimmer lotion by, Whish. She used it while visiting a few months ago. I loved it; the scent is amazing and the shimmer is so pretty! Her intentions were to send me the shimmer lotion. However, mistakenly sent their self tanner. While I love the shimmer lotion it was perfect timing to receive the self tanner! I literally had a bottle in my online cart at Target.
Needless to say I immediately started using the product and have been using it for the past two weeks in preparation for the trip to Arizona.
Self Tanner By, Whish
With that let’s talk pros and cons.
- The scent is amazing! It does not smell anything like a self tanner. Smells like a really yummy lotion! One that transports you to the beaches of Hawaii or the Bahamas! It’s a coconut milk verbena scent…creamy, sweet, and oh so delicious!
- The squirt bottle is really nicely made. I like when the applicator of any product maneuvers easily. The pump dispenses a good amount. Not too much or too little!
- The color is amazing! I put my first application on at night and woke up in the am with a tan! The color is really nice and looks as natural as a self tanner can get…in my opinion.
- I love the thick creamy texture of the lotion and it applies really nicely! Goes on smooth.
- Color is build-able!
- The white lotion is deceiving. Seems like it won’t add a ton of color but, it really does! (which is actually a pro) because the lotion was white I applied my first application haphazardly and had a few super tan/messy spots (ankles/wrists). My own fault for being less careful. This is really low on the con list. More of something to be aware of when applying.
- The only true con is that the product does not last long. I received it on the 10th of December. It is the 22nd and over half the bottle is gone. I am applying every other day. If we weren’t going on a vacation I would probably apply twice a week as opposed to three times a week. I like to have color year round. Usually applying self tanner two-three times a week. Whether two or three times a week…it’s a lot of product gone. I did double apply during one session of application to get more intense color. *scroll up to top photo. The bottle is over half gone and has been used for 12 days.
In all, this product is really nice! The scent is amazing, the color is great, it lasts, and the color build-able! I only wish, Whish lasted longer! hehe. 😉 For $30 I would hope the bottle lasts for at least a month. If I didn’t double apply and apply so often it would. Just depends on how often and how much you’re applying. I’d say save this one for a trip and use for special occasions. Since, it is so yummy! Or invest and use as you would regardless. The price point is a bit high for me to be purchasing more than once a month. But, I suppose a spray tan is more expensive and would nee to be reapplied throughout the month as well. Just something to be aware of!
- The first photo you can see the color difference between my hand and arm. This the color from the lotion on my arm compared to no color on my hands!
- Move to the second photo and you can see my poor application around my wrist. The color is messy. Again, the color is really potent and a great natural looking tan!
- The third photo is three days later with a second application session. The color is even darker. A big difference between my and and arm.
- The color on my legs turned out really well! I love the way the color looks and feel like it is super natural looking! I’ve been applying all over for this trip. But, usually in the winter my legs are my only concern.
- Another way to make the product last- don’t apply all over with every application.
- Apply in circular motions and vertical strokes. I like to apply in both directions in hopes of distributing the color more evenly.
- Apply the self tanner on a larger surface area (ie shine/calf/thigh) rub in and use the remainder to apply around ankles, knees, feet, toes. Very little product is needed for these areas.
- Do not use an entire pump for elbows, knees, ankles, feet. Very, very, very little is needed for these parts of the body. Less is more!
- Let dry completely before applying anymore
- Let dry completely before putting clothes on
Overall, I love this stuff! It adds great natural looking color and smells amazing! It’s a self tanner that does the job, and does it well! Only downer is how quickly I am running out of it! Wish they’d make a larger bottle.
*This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. Read more on my FAQ page.*